November Bullet Journal Page Layouts | Slowing Down the Holidays


 
It's hard to believe that November is almost here. Where did October go? With retailers decorating for Christmas sooner and sooner, it feels like the entire month of October gets lost in the shuffle of faux Christmas trees and strands of pine garland.

To slow things down a bit, I've decided that I will not be decorating for Christmas until Thanksgiving is over. We typically make the full transition on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (who has time on Black Friday with all the deals to be found??). However, in years past, I've always subtly incorporated a few Christmas decor touches here and there, weaving them in amongst the fall leaf garland and pumpkins. It's always been a bit of a mish mash but somehow it worked.

This year, I'll be refraining from that head start and instead make a solid transition of fall to holiday decor on November 26th. I want to enjoy the warm color palette of fall and all the cozy-at-home feelings it has to offer.

 In the meantime, I've started working on the November layouts in my Bullet Journal. I want to be conscious of living in the moment without rushing the days...the hours. Prepping my journal pages forces me to slow down and reflect on the month I'm in as well as the next. I'm looking forward to the holidays but don't want them to arrive too quickly. There's a lot of comfort and peace in enjoying the days as they come, especially this time of year.

Happy Journaling, Happy Fall,

Comments

Popular Posts