Experiment with Cooking This Fall! Bullet Journal Cooking Layout (2016)

 
Fall is here and for many of us, that means gathering more often in the kitchen and creating warm and hearty meals that will sustain us though the increasingly chilly days.

Just by accident, I recently had one of the best veggie wraps I've ever encountered. By a total lack of planning, I found myself without lunch one day at work so I decided to try a new cafe close by. I went there with the intention of leaving with your typical lunchtime fare - soup or salad or a combination of both but a grilled veggie wrap with chili-lime hummus caught my eye and my order instantly changed.

The ingredients in the sandwich were incredibly basic yet full of flavor and nutrition. Grilled onions, peppers, mushrooms and zucchini were wrapped up in a thin shell with just enough hummus to make it perfect - not too much, not too little. Once the wrap was assembled, it was baked in a hot oven for a few minutes to give the wrap a nice chewy bite.

I enjoyed this so much, I decided to replicate it at home with just a few modifications. I added some roasted cherry tomatoes and also roasted the red peppers to give the wrap a rich, smoky flavor. To recreate the "Chili Lime Hummus", I took store-bought Sabra Hummus in the original flavor and added a touch of chili powder and fresh squeezed lime juice. A very close second to what the cafe used.

I decided to jot down what I used to re-create the wrap, thinking it would be a good reminder to recreate this quick and easy meal. I've also been tracking many of our dinners in my bullet journal so I thought the wrap components and reminder to cook more often would make a cute layout.

I hope you're enjoying more time in the kitchen and having fun creating meals this season!

Happy Fall,

Comments

Popular Posts