Feeling Accomplished

October is off to a great start and I am feeling more accomplished than I have in a very long time. There's just something about the cooler, crisper fall air that makes you feel motivated. I don't know if it's the absence of humidity and hot, sticky days or the cool breeze in the windows but the air feels fresh and in turn, I'm feeling rejuvenated. The first weekend of October was one of the most enjoyable in a while. John and I went shopping with my mom and aunt. We had a leisurely lunch at Nordstrom Cafe. We browsed the stores and I stocked up on new scarves. Once back home, we continued Saturday by catching up on the DVR and having a light dinner with iced tea in mason jars. Heaven. 
Sunday turned into a day of accomplishment around the house. After meeting my mom for breakfast at a local diner, John and I returned home to get started on some organizing and renovating. He was busy remodeling our guest bathroom. I was busy organizing clothing into "keep" and "donate" piles. I decorated our bedroom with fall leaf garland, dusted, vacuumed, purged papers. 
Eventually, I was able to clear off my new mirrored dressing table of everything but a tray with perfumes, task lamp and leaf garland. I even went the extra mile to Windex my perfume bottles. Things started to sparkle and shine.
Mirrored Dressing Table from TJMaxx ($199.00)


I didn't get everything done or checked off my to-do list but I made a lot of progress. I finished the day by tracking, journaling and doodling in my bullet journal. That turned into a light reorganization of my Raskog utility cart ($29.00, Ikea). I found a nice place to organize my colored pens and pencils and create a functional top shelf that allows for easy access of those things. Functionality and convenience are the keys that make journaling much more enjoyable for me.

Raskog Utility Cart by Ikea ($29.00)

As for after work this evening? I'll be on to the next project. Fall is a beautiful time of year...a constant and fluid inspiration.

Happy Organizing!

Comments

Popular Posts