Bullet Point Lists - A List-Maker's Dream

As someone who falls somewhere between semi-organized and completely chaotic, I have a huge love for bullet-pointed to-do lists. The kind that notes tasks in a nice clean list, separated by a bullet points that can be quickly and easily checked off once said tasks are complete.

Bullet points are my favorite way to create lists of all kinds. The act of checking off a box, or drawing a line through an event or task that needs to be completed is super satisfying. Once the item is crossed off, it can also free up the clutter that can hang around a busy mind.

I like to create a to do list each night for the next day. If I forget or get busy, it's one of the first things I do in the morning. I like including some obvious or more mundane tasks in my list. That way, I have a few things I can check off early, setting a pace for the day. Things like:

  • Making the bed
  • Prep/iron clothes for work
  • Pack lunch
  • Tidy up kitchen before leaving the house for the day

...and so on and so forth. You get the idea. These tasks are basic and most are repeated on a daily basis, but they're still worth listing as they make up an important segment of your daily routine. Nothing at all wrong with listing the obvious or things that come as second-nature. Tackling projects and tasks, no matter how big or small, takes effort and your efforts should be rewarded in the form of a working task list that will help you move productively through the day.

I generally tend to create different lists for different goals. Some of my lists include:

  • Bill payments / pay days
  • Blogging / YouTube plans
  • Grocery shopping and/or inventory
  • Household projects

Seeing these things listed on paper gives me the visual aspect I need to stay focused and not forget the details, no matter how big or small. My love of bullet-pointed lists is what ultimately drew me toward Bullet Journaling. This particular system of analog organization has brought me a new and exciting way to track my goals and tasks mixed with an artistic aspect in the form of drawing and doodling all while keeping me in forward motion.

A total list-makers dream. <3

Happy List-Making!



Comments

Popular Posts