Cozy Holiday Soap Dispenser | Dollar Tree DIY | The Green Notebook

Dollar Tree DIY | Cozy Holiday Soap Dispenser | The Green Notebook
Dollar Tree DIY | Cozy Holiday Soap Dispenser | The Green Notebook
If you love a mix of old-fashioned holiday patterns with a touch of glam, this super easy and inexpensive DIY may be for you! (Please check out full video on my YouTube channel (The Green Notebook) below). 
 
 During a recent trip to the Dollar Tree, I spotted an adorable "Peruvian" hat and was instantly drawn to the style and pattern. I knew I wanted to create something from it, using the traditional knitted material but I wasn't sure what. It then occurred to me that it would look very cute as a soap or lotion dispenser "cozy" so I walked over to the bathroom aisle and picked up one of the ceramic dispensers that Dollar Tree carries all year 'round. 
 
 The diamond wrap was a secondary add for a quick-fix, of sorts. Once I had deconstructed the knit hat, I was left with fraying and curling edges the length of the material. I knew I could straighten things out a bit with the hot glue but the edges still didn't look quite finished. That's when I decided to trim the entire thing with diamond wrap which not only gave it a nice straight edge, but also a touch of sparkle and glam. I really like how it turned out! 
 
Once you upcycle your dispenser, you'll have to hand wash it to avoid soaking the material but even if I end up making a new one each season, it ended up costing two dollars and change for the entire project! (I only used a small length of diamond wrap, not an entire roll). 
 
This is my absolute favorite time of year to craft and film fun do-it-yourself projects! Please stay tuned for more quick, simple and inexpensive Christmas and holiday DIYs on my channel! 
 
Happy Holidays, 
Erin.
Dollar Tree DIY | Cozy Holiday Soap Dispenser | The Green Notebook

Comments

Popular Posts