Coffee Hour: Relax, Recharge, Rejuvenate | Plans and Goals; Time for Me | The Green Notebook

After weeks of stress (some self-imposed, some unavoidable), I've decided that for one hour per week (likely a Saturday) I will sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and concentrate on gratitude, goals and personal progress.

Lately, the days and weeks have been flying by in an almost unconscious state. Of course, I have lots to do - work, family obligations, home matters, etc., but I feel as if I'm moving through the days with little presence in the moments. I get done what I need to but very little beyond what's necessary. I used to be someone who wouldn't miss an occasion to send a card for any occasion. Family and friends could expect to receive one for birthdays, anniversaries, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, etc. I planned ahead and enjoyed the thought that accompanied the action. As the years pass by, I've become a procrastinator, sending birthday cards and gifts much beyond what's acceptable and the cards and sentiments for the holidays? Gone.

I often think that I've become a procrastinator and an excuse-maker because I've become disorganized. In all honestly, I've never been meticulous at home or work...as a child, my bedroom was messy. As an adult, little has changed. This may come as a bit of a surprise to those around me though because when it comes time to entertain and have people to our home, it's readied and cleaned up with no evidence that messy people live there.

In an effort to organize my life and finally get to the point where I can enjoy a weekend or a day off without feeling guilty because there's so much I could be doing at home, I'm going to carve out this coffee hour where I can enjoy a good beverage and get my thoughts - and plans - down on paper. This special hour, devoted to only relaxing and plan-making, will allow me to recharge and take my time figuring out my game plan for the day/the week/the month. I'm so busy rushing through things that I have failed at slowing down enough to enjoy the moments. The older I get, the more I realize how important being present in the moment really is.

I plan to spend this hour outside the house - in a cafe or coffee shop where I won't be distracted by the sight of unattended chores and things-to-do. For the most part, I will be scanning or taking photographs of my notes and posting them here. I would like to document a catalog of plans and goals so I can look back and measure my organization and progress based on what my coffee hours allow me to accomplish. Hopefully, that will inspire one or two others to create their own mini-oasis and ultimately, feel more relaxed and recharged.

Stay inspired,

Erin

Find me on YouTube




Comments

Popular Posts