Ovation Hair Therapy Products - Review and Initial Thoughts

After purchasing a four-piece Ovation Hair Therapy kit from QVC, I thought I would do a quick review.

Only three washes in, I wanted to jot down a few notes on my initial thoughts of the Ovation products. I'd heard so many great testimonials of this line and in need of some great quality products for my fine and thinning hair, I thought I would give this brand a go.

My kit came with everything you see here plus a leave-in detangling conditioner. (That is the only product that I have not yet tried).

The shampoo has a good (not great) consistency but leans more on the thin side. I haven't noticed this lathering up as most shampoos but then again, not every shampoo has to provide a lot of lather in order to be effective. Personally, I prefer more lather so I can work the product throughout my hair without it feeling lack-luster. I also noticed that my hair felt dry during the shampoo process, if that makes sense. I didn't get the feeling of soft, clean hair.

I followed the shampooing process with the Ovation conditioner. The consistency was nice and thick but again, I didn't feel like it was working through my hair easily. I did notice that my hair definitely didn't feel overly-conditioned when finished, so I felt a bit conflicted. My hair is thin and fine so using a conditioner of any type is tricky for me. My hair is also naturally curly and runs on the dry side so I'm definitely in need of a good conditioning product, however, with the fineness of my hair, I also run the risk of it becoming weighed down by products that are too rich and heavy. This may be the reason behind Ovation's lighter formula but for me, it missed the mark. While erring on the side of not being to weighty, it didn't end up working for me at all.

Personally, I believe it's too early in the process to know whether or not the Cell Therapy Hair and Scalp Treatment will prove beneficial to my hair. I plan to do a follow-up review after I've used up most of the products. In the meantime, I'm undecided on whether or not I will be using the detangling spray - leave-in conditioners have not always proven effective for me without weighing down my hair by the end of the day. I may try it on a random weekend at home when I don't have to worry about styling my hair for work.

All in all, I can honestly say that I'm not yet impressed by this line. I remain committed to finishing the products followed by a reassessment but so far, this hasn't "wowed" me. This is a bit disappointing as my hair usually responds the best to new products during the first few initial uses. Time will tell.

Comments

Popular Posts